Sunday, February 10, 2008

Technical Difficulties


Hello everyone. The month of January brought technical difficulties to us at OWR. Our mac crashed and we were told it was a 'node b error' which translates to approximately $400, a new hard drive and two trips to Jacksonville. This explains, somewhat, why we haven't updated the blog and we have few photos to share.

After the 'node b' incident we experienced a mystery. I was on a post-call-day-off and I did rounds at the hospital with the dogs in the Big Blue Van [BBV]. After rounds I drove to the feed store. I paid for the feed and drove home. This would be the start of a two week absence of my wallet. We searched high and low including the coop and freezer. We finally blamed Buckley... turns out, our blame was correctly directed. Cymande's cell phone was, in the search for the wallet, discovered in a state of partial digestion...well, at least chewed up, in a pile of hay with, lo and behold, the wallet. The new cell phones with new telephone numbers on a new carrier and assorted accessories, of course, about $300.

We also had a human 'node b error'. That is 'b' as in 'back pain'. About a week ago I woke in a sorry state after moving a washer and hot water heater. I tried to ready myself for work, but ten minutes before I was supposed to be at work I was found contorted on the couch, sweating and repeating 'I'm not going, I'm not going', Cymande snickering creully (a result of what she called 'stress and concern'). Luckily, I'm better now, and Cymande doesn't have to do everything for me, although that was fun. 'Do this' and 'Do that', said I.

We also 10 new chicks in the flock. They love blueberry muffins and apples.
 
Creative Commons License
Old Wire Road Blog by www.old-wire-road.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.